SFM Apple Cleaner incorporates a method of removing twigs, leaves and other debris as well as the facility to wash the apples after harvesting in muddy conditions. It has been designed specifically with the demands of modern cider apple growers in mind.
The apple cleaners can feature loading conveyors and hoppers. This facilitates the gradual feeding of the fruit onto the cleaner.
Pintle belts for removal of grass, water baths for removal of stones, spray bars for washing the apples, Webbed cleaning belts that can also be used for picking off of, a cleaning plough and final discharge elevators.
Trash elevators are also available to discharge the waste in to boxes of trailers for easy disposal.
The grower and operator can expect to obtain the following benefits from SFM’s Apple Cleaner:
• Removes extraneous debris efficiently and quickly
• Easy collection of debris from one collection point
• Incorporates an in-line washing facility when required
• Retractable drawbar for convenient hook-up to apple hopper
• Wheeled chassis makes for easy towing and manoeuvring on location
• Petrol engine or PTO drive options